Tuesday, January 31, 2012

USB to GPIB Adapter, OSHW

I've decided to release my USB to GPIB adapter as open source hardware! I'll be releasing everything under the Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 3.0 license in the coming days.

I would probably be done packaging up the files if it weren't for my monitor being on the fritz. It makes it hard to work when half of your screen randomly decides to stop working.

I want to get a bootloader in the system too allow for user upgradeable firmware. Assuming that goes well (and I get a new monitor!), we'll have a nice oshw adapter!


With that out of the way, I also want to let everyone know that I'll be selling this adapter when I release all the source. I haven't completely decided how I'm going to go about that, but I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

No comments: